The Master of Divinity program is designed so that students completing the degree will acquire foundational preparation for ordained ministry and for Christian leadership in congregations and other settings.
- Develop breadth of knowledge and critical understanding of the theological disciplines.
- Acquire capacities for understanding and engaging the cultural, social and global context of God’s mission in the world.
- Experience personal and professional growth through a process of intellectual, spiritual and ministry formation.
- Develop and hone skills for theologically reflective ministry practice in its various forms.
- To complete the program in three years requires nine courses per year.
- Students are normally expected to complete the MDiv within a maximum of 10 years from beginning the program.
- All MDiv students are required to complete an internship. This internship is normally completed during the second year of study.
- All MDiv students are normally required to complete a minimum of 9 in-class courses.
Master of Divinity:
(30 courses x 3 credits) = 90 credits
- Biblical Interpretation: Interpreting and Applying Biblical Text
- Systematic Theology I
- History of Christianity I
- Elementary Greek I
- Elementary Greek II
- Hebrew Grammar I
- Hebrew Grammar II
- Old Testament Theology and History
- New Testament Theology and History
- Old Testament Book Study
- Greek Exegesis I
- Greek Exegesis II
- Christianity and Chinese Culture
- Spiritual Formation
- Evangelism and Church Planting in the Chinese Community
- Introduction to Chinese Preaching
- Chinese Church Leadership
- New Testament Book Study
- Systematic Theology II
- History of Christianity II
- Pastoring in the Chinese Church
- Chinese Pastoral Counseling
- Advance Chinese Preaching
- Issues, Strategies and Direction in Chinese Churches
- Introduction to Theology of Mission